Sat, Jun 03|
Fourth of July Prep
Helping your dog feel safe and comfortable during the fireworks and celebrations around the 4th of July can be a big challenge! This seminar will cover what tools, management, and training skills you can use to help your dog cope with the chaos.
Time and Location
Jun 03, 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Loveland, 218 E 29th St, Loveland, CO 80538, USA
About the event
Do you have a noise sensitive dog?
Is this your puppy’s first 4th of July?
Does your dog get overly excited or scared by other people or dogs?
Does your dog like to divebomb food scraps or weird objects on the ground?
If your answer was yes to any of those questions, this seminar is for you! Come learn how you can set your dog up for success during the 4th of July chaos.
This seminar will be held by Megan Wallace, our owner and head trainer, who has years of both personal and professional experience working with dogs who have Big Feelings during the 4th of July. She has worked with countless owners and their dogs build communication, safety, and calm amidst the big booms, neighborhood celebrations, and ground hazards that come with 4th of July celebrations . Her own sweet little border collie with big noise sensitivity has also helped her develop the large repertoire of tools, management strategies, and training games that she is will share with you during this seminar.
- What steps you can take with a puppy or dog to prevent anxiety, fear, or stress
- What tools can help your noise sensitive dog cope with fireworks and loud celebrations
- Safety plans and management strategies to prevent your Big Feelings pup from getting too overwhelmed by new people, dogs, and noises in the neighborhood
- Training exercises and games to focus on in the next few weeks to set your dog up for success during the 4th of July
- And how to navigate post-celebration safety hazards like firework and sparkler debris or unsafe food left on the ground!
4th of July Prep